Virtual Chapter Meeting
Wednesday, March 10 @ 12:00p – 2:00p
Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines, Viral Variants & FAQs
Please join Nisha Patel PharmD, Clinical Pharmacist with Ready Meds Pharmacy to learn about COVID-19 mRNA vaccines and emerging viral variants. Common hesitancies or concerns related to the vaccines will be addressed, and frequently asked questions will be answered. Ready Meds Pharmacy’s in-home COVID-19 vaccine program will also be discussed.
- Describe clinical testing of COVID-19 mRNA vaccines for safety, effectiveness and side effects
- Identify a monitoring system that CDC has put in place to evaluate vaccine safety in real time
- Explain why it is not possible for a COVID-19 vaccine to cause COVID-19 infection
- Describe why it’s important to continue masking and social distancing after you’ve received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- Discuss COVID-19 vaccine recommendations for pregnant or breastfeeding individuals
- Identify the 3 countries in which the COVID-19 variants discussed first emerged
- Explain why mRNA vaccine technology can adapt to new strains more easily than conventional vaccines
1.5 CEU’s are available for all AFH Council members who attend the entire presentation.