Showcasing Heartwarming Stories
In May the Governor signed a proclamation declaring September as “Adult Family Home Month.” This acknowledgment is a testament to the incredible work each one of you do as AFH owners and your invaluable contribution to the well-being of vulnerable adults in Washington state. We want to extend our heartfelt gratitude to all of you for your unwavering dedication and compassion. Your role in providing a nurturing and loving home for elderly and developmentally disabled residents is unparalleled, and we are truly grateful for the difference you make in their lives.
To celebrate this month, we are asking all of you to send us a 1 to 2 minute video sharing your inspiring experiences, heartwarming moments, and the journey that led you to become an AFH owner. Starting September 1st, each week of AFH Month, we will feature one exceptional AFH owner and their story in our newsletter and our social media platforms. This will be a great chance to spotlight your home and showcase the selfless work you do.
The following list is provided to assist you in considering what you may wish to include in your video. You have the option to select one or two items from the list that are not bolded or discuss something not mentioned in the list. Please ensure that the bolded and capitalized items listed below are included in your video. These questions aim to highlight your dedication as an AFH provider and the exceptional care you provide to your residents.
- WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
- WHAT IS YOUR AFH NAME?
- WHAT CITY IS YOUR AFH LOCATED?
- HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A PROVIDER?
- What motivated or drove you to pursue this rewarding line of work as an AFH provider?
- What do you love most about being an AFH provider and what is your favorite part of the job?
- Could you share a heartwarming story about a resident in your home that left a lasting impact on you? Please refrain from providing any personal information about your resident.
- What unique qualities and values does your AFH possess that set it apart from others, and how do they contribute to the well-being and happiness of your residents?
- How do you ensure that each resident receives personalized and compassionate care that is tailored to their individual needs and preferences?
- Creating a sense of home and belonging is crucial in an AFH. How do you maintain a positive and uplifting atmosphere within your AFH, fostering a strong sense of community and belonging among your residents?
After you’ve recorded your 1 to 2 minute video either on your phone, tablet, computer, camera, etc., click the link below to upload the video to the “September AFH Month Video” folder in google drive. If you have any questions, or need assistance please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.