The Safety Manual is a collection of templates and supporting documentation to help all adult family homes create their own safety manual and meet L&I’s safety requirements.
There are two versions of the safety manual. one for homes that have all-staff safety meetings and another for homes that have a safety committee instead. Both versions of the manual include:
- Accident Prevention Plan
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan
- Chemical Hazard Communication Plan
- Hazardous Drug Handling Plan
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Hazard Identification & Prevention Floorplan
- additional instructions on how to modify these forms even further to customize them for your adult family home
Download the Safety Manual
To ensure you are in compliance with Washington State workplace safety and health requirements and are downloading the correct manual, please review The Difference Between Using Safety Committees and Monthly All-Staff Safety Meetings before making a selection below.
If your adult family home has 10 or less employees on any shift and holds monthly all-staff safety meetings, download the Safety Manual for AFHs with Monthly All-Staff Safety Meetings.
If your adult family home has 11 or more employees on any shift or a safety committee, download the Safety Manual for AFHs with a Safety Committee.
Request a Free Safety Consultation
To request a free and confidential safety consultation, contact Washington State’s Department of Labor & Industries’ Consultation Program:
- Go to: Request Consultation (wa.gov)
- Use the online consultation request form: Request an Onsite Consultation (wa.gov)
These plans are advisory in nature, informational in content, and intended to assist adult family homes in providing a safe and healthful workplace.
- They are not a standard or regulation.
- They create no new legal obligations.
- These do not change any existing standard or regulation.
- You may create a different workplace violence prevention program to fit the needs of your adult family home.
Funding and support for this project has been provided by the State of Washington, Department of Labor & Industries, Safety & Health Investment Projects. The Adult Family Home Council is solely responsible for the content of and views expressed in this report and related materials unless they have been formally endorsed by the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries.